Following a court imposed disqualification a customer may be issued with a licence that has certain conditions placed on it. This is known as a probationary licence. Without limiting the conditions that may be placed on a probationary licence they may include:
- times when the customer can drive
- where the customer can drive
- the maximum number of demerit points allowed
- a zero blood-alcohol limit
- licence to be carried at all times when driving
- or any other condition imposed by the Registrar of Motor Vehicles.