Tasmanian Road Rules Booklet
The booklet has information for all Tasmanians wanting to know about road rules and driving in Tasmania.
The booklet has information on
- the road rules, using graphics
- road safety
- getting a licence and registering a vehicle
- car driver knowledge test questions
You can also buy it at Service Tasmania Shops ($5.00) and some Police stations.
New Road Safety Rules
On 30 November 2009 changes to the Road Rules apply. Some rules referred to in the handbook may be out of date. Get your fact sheets from Service Tasmania or go to New Road Safety Rules.
A full version of the Road Rules 2009 can be download at www.thelaw.tas.gov.au.
If you're learning to drive, or supervising a learner, you should also look at these
- Novice Driver Logbook L1
- Novice Driver Logbook L2
- Supervisory Drivers' Handbook
- Driver Test Knowledge System
- A Guide to your Driving Assessments
- Driver Competency Standard
The L1 and L2 logbook, Supervisory Driver's Handbook and A Guide to your Driving Assessments are included in your Novice Driver's Training Kit.
You can buy the Kit at Service Tasmania Shops for $5.50.