Driving assessments and knowledge tests
This is a chance for you to test your knowledge of the road rules. You can choose to do a car or motorcycle test.
Information on getting your L2 and P1 licence including the assessment criteria used.
L2 Driving Assessments
Can be undertaken by a Government Driving Assessor or an Authorised Driving Instructor throughout the state. List and location of Authorised Driving Instructors.
As part of the Novice Driver Licensing System, a Driver Competency Standard has been set.
- Tasmanian Road Rules
- L1 Novice Driver Logbook (PDF)
- L2 Novice Driver Logbook (PDF)
- A Guide to your Driving Assessments (PDF)
- Supervisory Drivers' Handbook (PDF)
- Tasmanian Motorcycle Riders Handbook (PDF 7.5MB)
- Where to do an assessment - Government Driving Assessors
- L2 Assessment - Authorised Driving Instructors