- Student bus fares 2017 (Poster) PDF, 702.03 KB
- Accepted bus passes for student travel in 2017 PDF, 235.05 KB
Student bus fares
Students who travel on a bus service may be eligible for student concession fares. Further information relating to child and student fares, discounted student fare ticketing, special circumstance bus passes and more is available on the Student Bus Fares page.
In certain circumstances students may be eligible to travel for free to and from school. For more information on free travel, or to apply, see below.
Free travel is available to students who meet the eligibility criteria. If you would like to see if you are eligible refer to the guidelines or information on Free Travel.
You can apply for, or renew an expired Student bus pass for free travel by:
- completing an online application
- download a copy of the Student Bus Pass for Free Travel - Guidelines & Application PDF, 105.22 KB
If a Student bus pass for tree travel has been lost, damaged or stolen, you can apply for a replacement card by:
- completing an online application
- download a copy of the Replacement of a Student Bus Pass for Free Travel – Guidelines & Application PDF, 82.28 KB
Please note: A fee of $11.00 applies for a replacement Student bus pass for free travel.
If submitting an application online, the fee can be paid by Visa or Mastercard.
Students who travel on Metro and/or Tassielink only, must apply directly to Metro Tasmania for a replacement student Greencard.
Find out more about replacing a lost/stolen or damaged card on the Free Travel page.
A Special circumstance student bus pass allows adult senior secondary students who study full time to travel at the child student fare if they meet the eligibility criteria. In some cases adult students may be eligible for free travel.
More information can be found on the Special circumstances bus pass page.
To apply for a Special Circumstance student bus pass you, or your education provider, will need to download and complete the Special Circumstances Student Bus Pass - Guidelines & Application PDF, 103.97 KB.
Conveyance Allowance is a payment made to assist isolated families who need to travel more than five kilometres to the closest bus service or school.
Conveyance Allowance may also be claimed to assist with the cost of Air Travel from the Bass Strait Islands to a Tasmanian College.
Applications for Conveyance Allowance for the 2016 school year have closed. Guidelines and an application form for the 2017 school year will be available from 4 January 2017.
- Alteration/Registration of Bank Account Details PDF, 45.21 KB
- Alteration/Registration of Bank Account Details DOC, 3708 KB
Bus Service Information and Forms
- Extension of a Rural School Bus Service - Guidelines PDF, 150.05 KB
- Extension of a Rural School Bus Service - Guidelines DOC, 46 KB
- Provision of a New Rural School Bus Service - Guidelines PDF, 150.44 KB
- Provision of a New Rural School Bus Service - Guidelines DOC, 45.5 KB
- Extension of an Urban Fringe Student Only Bus Service – Guidelines PDF, 182.01 KB
- Extension of an Urban Fringe Student Only Bus Service – Guidelines DOC, 46 KB
- Provision of a New Urban Fringe Student Only Bus Service – Guidelines PDF, 182.07 KB
- Provision of a New Urban Fringe Student Only Bus Service – Guidelines DOC, 46 KB
- Bus Stop/Route Complaint PDF, 163.91 KB
- Bus Stop/Route Complaint DOCX, 52.42 KB
- School Bus Incident Report PDF, 181.55 KB
- School Bus Incident Report DOCX, 65.93 KB