Department of State GrowthTransport

Student Travel

Students who travel on a bus service to and from school may be eligible for student concession fares.

As well as being eligible for concession fares on all bus services, students in certain circumstances may be eligible for free travel or a free transfer (apply below)

In 2016 fare-paying students will no longer need to carry a Student Greencard unless they are travelling on Metro or Tassielink.

Free Travel

Refer to guidelines & application to see if you are eligible to apply (click link below).

Green Card

Apply for a New or Renew
a Student Bus Pass for Free Travel Online

If a card has been lost, damaged or stolen, you can apply for a replacement card below.

Green Card

Apply for a Replacement Student Bus Pass
for Free Travel Online

Please note: When applying for a replacement Student bus pass for free travel a fee of $11.00 is required to be paid before the form will be submitted. Students traveling on Metro and/or Tassielink only, must apply directly to Metro for a replacement Student Greencard at

Special Circumstance

A special circumstance student bus pass allows adult senior secondary students who study full time to travel for free, or at the discount student concession fare when they meet the eligibility criteria.

Conveyance Allowance

Conveyance Allowance is a payment made to assist isolated families who need to travel more than five kilometres to the closest bus service or school.

Conveyance Allowance may also be claimed to assist with the cost of Air Travel from the Bass Strait Islands to a Tasmanian College

Useful Links

Bus Service Information and Forms

Privacy Statement