Dealer Registration Scheme Manual Checklist
- sight and copy the client's evidence of identity, address & date of birth
- record the details of the designated operator (including date of birth) if registered in joint names
- record the vehicle details from the actual vehicle, not the paperwork.
- verify the Type Approval Number
- declare the market value
- sign the declaration on the registration application form.
Custom/selected number plates:
- complete a replacement plate form
- sign the declaration on the replacement plate form
- provide the custom/selected plate number on the application for registration
- attach standard plates and an interim label to the trade-in vehicle
Plates and label:
- issue the plate in numerical sequence
- complete the daily summary
- attach these to the vehicle
Fees, did you:
- sight proof that the registered operator is currently in receipt of a pension
- or is on the Transport Access Scheme (TAS)
- complete the appropriate statutory declaration if registered operator is on a pension (TAS)
- or is a farmer
- check if registered operator has a common expiry date for registration
- charge the correct fees.