New Vehicles not Previously Registered
A range of new vehicles are registered without going through the Tasmanian Dealer Registration Scheme.
Types of vehicles
- have not been bought from a member of the Dealer Registration Scheme
- do not have a Type Approval Number
- may be home made trailers
- are new vehicles imported from interstate.
How do I register the vehicle in my name
Make a booking for an inspection through an Approved Inspection Stations (AIS).
You need to take the following to Service Tasmania:
- passed AIS Report
- Proof of Entitlement to register the vehicle
- your current Tasmanian photo licence or Full Evidence of Identity.
Other documentation to be provided for specific situations includes:
- a rebate form and associated statutory declaration
- a pension voucher or photocopy of your pension card
- a heavy vehicle classification report
You will receive
- number plates
- certificate of registration
- receipt for fees paid if applicable.
You will need to pay the fee.