|Road Ownership, Road Works, Contracts, Tenders, Pavement Markings and Signage Issues|
- Infrastructure Projects - Current, planned and completed.
- Conservation Sites Program - Information on relevant regulations, policy development, studies and programs. The goal of the program is to prevent or minimize the likelihood of damage to high priority threatened species and threatened species habitat.
- Traffic Volumes - Average annual daily traffic on State maintained roads.
- Bridgewater Bridge and Denison Canal - Mariners wishing to book a lift should use the following information and procedures.
- 50 kmh general urban speed limits - Information about the introduction of reduced general urban speed limits.
- Road Project Information - For information on proposed future projects, the construction of new roads, upgrading of existing roads or advice on where road project public displays will be held.
- Tenders - Government Purchasing Information Gateway
- Who owns the road
- Tasmanian Freight Survey - The survey collects information about commodities moved by heavy vehicles and rail for Tasmania's major companies.
- Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme - The Australian Government provides financial assistance to shippers of freight between Tasmania and mainland Australia.
- North East Freight Roads Program - Program is designed to improve safety for all road users and help manage a growing freight task in North-East Tasmania.
- Tasmanian Infrastructure Strategy - Freight Overview
- Freight Logistics Coordination Team
- Tasmanian Shipping Transition Assistance Fund
- Nation Building 2 Submission 2012
Road and Bridge Documents
- Specifications Listings
- Emergency Management Plan (PDF 1.9KB) - State Road And Bridge Emergency Management Plan
- Southern Integrated Transport Plan - Provides a strategic and coordinated framework for planning and managing the region's transport system over the next 20 years.
- Cradle Coast Integrated Transport Strategy
- Greater Hobart Household Travel Survey
- Richmond Bridge - Information about the Draft Conservation Management Plan that has been prepared for the Richmond Bridge.
- Kingston & Environs Transport Study, (PDF, 1MB)
- Strategic Asset Management Plan, (PDF, 905KB)
Works in State Road Reserve (Permits)
It is important to maintain the safety and efficiency of the State road network. This means that if you want to undertake activity that may impact on a State road, you need a permit. No application fees apply.
- New or Altered Access onto a Road (eg Driveway)
- Organising a Community Event
- Advertising a Community Event
- Roadside Tourism Signs
- General Works (eg pathways, stock underpass)
- Service Works (eg gas, water, electricity)
- Electronic Billboards
- DIER Tasmanian State Road Traffic Noise Management Guidelines November 2011
- Traffic Impact Assessments (TIA) Guidelines, (PDF 444KB)
Guidelines for assessing the impact of traffic generating developments along the State Road and other road networks.
- Traffic Control for Works on Roads
- Tasmanian Roadside Signs Manual
- Cycle Route Directional Signage Manual (PDF)
- Cycle Route Directional Signage Manual (WORD)
- Road Hazard Management Guide
- Installation of Parking Restrictions - Delegation to Councils (PDF 25KB)