Contractor and Industry Information
Where proposed developments require the use of Crown land you are required, under Section 52(1B) of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993, to include with the planning permit to Council the consent of the Minister responsible for the administration of the Crown land.
The Department of State Growth's Specifications were developed by the Department for use with roadworks and bridgeworks contracts let by the Department.
For contracts tendered after 1 August 2016, new State Growth Specifications apply. These new State Growth Specifications are based on the VicRoads Standard Sections with amendments only as required to meet Tasmanian Legislation, to better reflect local practice and match industry capability.
The previous State Growth Specifications applying to contracts tendered prior to 1 August 2016 will not be further updated but will remain available on this web-site for future reference through to 30 June 2018.
The Department of State Growth has substantially adopted the Victorian VicRoads registration process for quarries supplying materials to be used on Tasmanian Road and Bridge construction contracts.
The Department of State Growth will be maintaining the register of all Tasmanian Crush Rock Mix, Bituminous Mix and Concrete Mix Designs with VicRoads conducting the quarry accreditation process on behalf of State Growth.
The Contract Services Group provides a coordinated approach to Government contracting and procurement activities for the whole of agency.
A proposal must be submitted to the Department of State Growth when planning to install signals. The proposal must include landowner consent, plans, timings and phasing diagrams.
- Tasmanian Government Tenders
- Cycleway Directional Signage Resource Manual
- Public notices - road projects
- Design Guidelines for Category One Roads (PDF 675KB)
- Design Guidelines for Category One Roads (WORD 590KB)
- Design Guidelines for Category One Roads Appendices
- State Road and Bridge Emergency Management Plan (PDF 1.9MB)
- State Road and Bridge Emergency Management Plan (WORD 2.5MB)
- Traffic Control for Works on Roads Tasmanian Guidelines 2011 (PDF 560KB)
- Traffic Control for Works on Roads Tasmanian Guidelines 2011 (PDF 563KB)
- Nomination Form for Local Road Pavement Marking Maintenance (Excel 45KB)
- Tasmania Link Maps – North East Region (PDF 19MB)
- Tasmania Link Maps – North West Region (PDF 18MB)
- Tasmania Link Maps – South Region Part 1 (PDF 12MB) Part 2 (PDF 14MB)
- Tasmania – State Road Centre Lines (referenced using Tasmania Road Information Positioning System – KML and Shape)
If you would like to receive a notification when Link Maps are updated please click the "subscribe" button.
If you no longer wish to receive notifications please click the "unsubscribe" button.