Traffic, Signals and Signs
Frequently asked questions about Traffic signals.
Tourism signs are designed to direct visitors to features and facilities of interest. If you own or operate a commercial tourism business or natural, cultural or heritage features/attractions you may apply for approval to erect tourism signs on State roads.
This Manual is designed to be an information resource for administrators in State and Local Government, whose role is to approve or administer signage issues.
Electronic billboards may not be placed in the State Road Reservation without written approval from the Department of State Growth.
- Traffic Volumes on the State Road Network PDF, 212.04 KB
- Traffic Impact Assessments (TIA) Guidelines PDF, 444.17 KB
- Traffic Noise Management Guidelines PDF, 1820.67 KB
- 2015 Noise Guidelines Review – Information Sheet PDF, 175.62 KB
- Noise Guidelines – Decision Making Templates DOCX, 49.81 KB
- Traffic Control for Works on Roads Tasmanian Guidelines 2011 PDF, 559.73 KB
- Traffic Control for Works on Roads Tasmanian Guidelines 2011 DOCX, 563.42 KB