Requirements for Light Trailers
A new or first time registered trailers (including imported trailers), not exceeding 4500kg Aggregate Trailer Mass (ATM), presented for registration in Tasmania must comply with requirements of National Code of Practice for Building Small Trailers - Vehicle Standard Bulletin (VSB) 1 - as published by the Commonwealth Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government.
- Vehicle Standard Bulletin VSB1
- Guidelines for shackle selection - Connection between Tow Coupling and Safety Chains (PDF)
- Guidelines for shackle selection - Connection between Tow Coupling and Safety Chains (WORD)
Department of State Growth Information
- Appendix U - Light Trailer Requirements - Compliance with VSB1
- Appendix V - Inspection of Tyre Load and Speed Rating
ATM: Aggregate Trailer Mass (ATM) is the total mass of the trailer when carrying the maximum load recommended by the trailer manufacturer.