Watch out for changed traffic conditions at the Huon Highway – Sandfly Road intersection from Tuesday, 10 August 2021.
Traffic conditions will change at the intersection of Huon Highway and Sandfly Road from Tuesday, 10 August 2021 as work on the intersection upgrade progresses.
Traffic will now be directed around the centre median. Signs will be in place to guide road users. Please slow down, allow extra time and follow the directions.
The following traffic changes will apply:
- If travelling from Sandfly towards Huonville, vehicles will enter the new dedicated acceleration lane.
- If travelling between Longley and Sandfly on Sandfly Road, traffic will cross one lane of the highway into the open section of the turning lane, before turning around the new centre median and waiting safely before crossing the highway and entering Sandfly Road again.
- If travelling from Longley towards Huonville, traffic will cross one lane of the highway, turn around the new centre median and wait safely until there is a gap in the traffic before turning up the hill towards Huonville.
- If travelling from Sandfly towards Hobart, traffic will exit Sandfly Road South, cross the single lane of traffic on the Huon Highway and enter the partially open turning lane, before turning around the new centre median and waiting safely until there is a gap in the traffic before entering the Huon Highway.
- If travelling between Hobart and Huonville, there will be no change except for a reduced speed limit.
The speed limit will be reduced to 40 km/h during working hours, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, with occasional works on Saturdays.
Outside of working hours, the speed limit will be 60 km/h.
This will be the final traffic change until the intersection upgrade is completed in late 2021.
Find out more on the Huon Highway – Sandfly Road intersection safety upgrade project page.