Meeting the Character Requirements
To be issued with a Public Passenger Vehicle Ancillary Certificate you must be of good character.
When assessing a person’s offences the Registrar of Motor Vehicles (RMV) considers numerous factors including Road Safety, Honesty/Integrity and Social Behaviour. See Ancillary Certificate Decision making Guidelines
As part of your application you will need to supply a National Police Certificate from Tasmanian Police. *
National Police Certificate from Tasmania Police
- Available from Tasmania Police
- The certificate must be issued no more than 6 months prior to the date you lodge your completed application, and must be the original document – it may take 6 weeks to receive the National Police Certificate.
NOTE: Ride Source operators are required to present a National Police Check when applying to a Platform Provider. We accept this report as part of their Ancillary Application.
We will not accept
- National Police Certificate, Good Character or Personal References previously obtained by or for other institutions, persons, agencies (Government or otherwise), or
- National Police Checks or Certificates obtained from an internet based facility or website will not be accepted.
* Except for Ride Source applicants – We accept the criminal check undertaken by the Platform Provider.
You should also provide other documents to support you suitability to obtain an Ancillary Certificate (e.g. character references) if you have:
- been convicted, have committed or charged with a criminal offence, or a serious traffic offence
- been refused a Taxi or Public Vehicle Licence, or
- had a Taxi or Public Vehicle Licence cancelled
NOTE: The RMV may require you to supply additional evidence to support your suitability to hold an Ancillary certificate.
Back to Ancillary certificates main page