Transport Commission Exemption – Ride Sourcing
As part of the ancillary certificate application, all ride sourcing drivers must agree to comply with the requirements of an exemption notice that has been issued by the Transport Commission.
The exemption allows drivers to operate lawfully without a taxi or hire vehicle licence or passenger transport accreditation.
To make sure you are complying with the exemption and operating within the law, as a ride-sourcing driver you must:
- Register as a ride sourcing driver and be granted an ancillary certificate to drive a public passenger vehicle
- Be the registered operator of the ride-source vehicle (maximum of 2 registered operators per vehicle)
- Only operate using a cashless computerised booking and payment system that meets a certain standard and provides for passenger ratings.
- Comply with the Registrar’s vehicle inspection requirements – an initial inspection for all vehicles and annual inspections thereafter ; and
- Provide any information to the Commission and/or the Registrar on request to support any inquiry or investigation relating to your activity a ride sourcing driver.