Legana to Launceston
Proposed Route Change
- The route through Legana would be simplified and made more direct. This means that the travel time would decrease by around 10 minutes which is more attractive for all passengers.
- It is proposed not to service Nobelius Dr as it has a low population density. This section of the route also adds travel time for most passengers.
- Legana services will pick up and drop off passengers on the West Tamar Hwy corridor through Riverside, stopping at Metro bus stop.
- Riverside will be serviced from Legana, as currently services are duplicated.
- Riverside services will be operated by Manions’ Coaches.
- This means that Metro will no longer operate through Riverside, but will continue to operate Trevallyn and most urban school services along the Riverside corridor.
- The route through Riverside will travel along the full length of the West Tamar Hwy. Currently outward services deviate via Forest Rd, which is a narrow and difficult for buses to negotiate.
- Riverside services will start and finish at Brisbane St, near Target (Legana central stop) as opposed to York St. This is closer to the centre of the CBD.
Proposed Frequency Change
- Provision of an hourly weekday service, with additional services in the morning and afternoon peak, including earlier and later weekday services.
- Increase in weekday frequency, from 22 to 28 services on the Legana loop. Six additional services from West Tamar towns will also stop at Legana Grove shopping centre.
- Provision of an hourly service on Saturday and introduction of a new hourly service on Sunday.
- Increase in Saturday services from seven to 22 services a day. Six additional services from West Tamar towns will also stop at Legana Grove shopping centre.
- Provision of 16 new Sunday services, six additional services from West Tamar towns will also stop at Legana Grove shopping centre.
- Slight increase from 27 to 32 services operating to and from Riverside shopping centre to Launceston, (Currently 13 of the 27 travel via West Tamar Hwy, the remainder travel via Trevallyn).
- Increase in Saturday services from 12 to 22 services a day.