What will be the benefits of the Bass highway Action Plan?
Upgrades across the Bass Highway will improve productivity and efficiency on this key freight network, providing better connections between agricultural regions, ports, airports and other transport hubs.
Upgrade works across the Bass Highway aim to:
· Increase safety for all users
· Improve travel time reliability
· Enhance road conditions and create consistency
· Support growth surrounding the corridor
What is the corridor strategy?
We have been progressively preparing corridor strategies for State roads across Tasmania to create consistency in how the State Road Network is planned and managed.
Corridor strategies make planning and investment decisions transparent to the community, councils and other key stakeholders.
By reviewing a variety of issues the corridor strategy identifies:
- Objectives to improve and encourage better transport and economic opportunities in the North of Tasmania
- Performance of transport infrastructure in meeting the corridor specific objectives
- Current and future challenges in meeting corridor specific objectives
- Key transport demands likely to be placed on the corridor over the next 10 – 20 years
- High, medium and low priorities and actions to improve the corridor.
The process for developing a corridor strategy is shown below: