We are listening to the community’s feedback about bus service requirements and are putting in place a new temporary service from the West Coast to Hobart while broader bus network changes are implemented to improve connections between the West Coast and Hobart.
The service will start on Tuesday 16 July and will operate every Tuesday and Friday for six months.
The service will:
- be made up of two services that will meet up at Derwent Bridge, one departing Hobart and the other departing Queenstown be a pre-booked service with walk up passengers accepted if space is available
- run regardless of whether there is a booking
- drop off and pick up at predefined stops, passengers will also be able to request additional stop locations on the route
- cost the same as travel on the previous service via Lake St Clair
- be timetabled so that transfers to and from Strahan will be possible using the existing West Coast to Burnie bus service, noting this will require a layover at Queenstown in both directions.