As part of the Ancillary Certificate application, all ride-sourcing drivers must agree to comply with the requirements of an exemption notice that has been issued by the Transport Commission.
The exemption allows drivers to operate lawfully without a taxi or hire vehicle licence or passenger transport accreditation.
Passenger Transport Services Act 2011 - Exemption Notice (Word)
Passenger Transport Services Act 2011 - Exemption Notice (PDF)
To comply you must:
- register as a ride sourcing driver and be granted an Ancillary Certificate
- be the registered operator of the ride-source vehicle (maximum of two registered operators per vehicle)
- only operate using a cashless computerised booking and payment system and allows passenger ratings.
- comply with the Registrar’s vehicle inspection requirements
- provide any information to the Transport Commission and/or the Registrar on request to support any inquiry or investigation relating to your activity a ride sourcing driver.