Any business that meets the required criteria can choose to ’freeze’ the Tasmanian registration of their vehicle for a continuous period of up to 12 months (referred to as extend registration).
Applicants must meet each criteria:
- Be majority Tasmanian-owned and operate in Tasmania as a sole trader, trust, partnership or private company. Tasmanian Incorporated Associations that operate business undertakings for the purpose of generating income streams will also be eligible to apply at the Registrar of Motor Vehicle’s discretion.
- The business who is making the application must be registered for tax purposes in Australia with an Australian Business Number (ABN) or an Australian Company Number (ACN).
- The business must have been in operation on or before 31 January 2020.
- Each vehicle must be in the name of the business or if not, applicants must be able to prove that each vehicle is directly related to the business.
- Each vehicle must be registered at the time the application.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that the business has been significantly impacted as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.