- Using the Online Transfer service.
- This can only be used if both parties have a Tasmanian licence.
- You will need:
- the vehicle’s registration number
- the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or Chassis number
- surname of both buyer and seller or organisation's name
- date of purchase
- purchase price or market price (whichever is higher) of the vehicle
- Motor Registry Customer Identification Number (CIN)
- for Motor Dealers and Organisations
- for individuals - Tasmanian licence number of both parties
- a Visa or MasterCard for payment.
- Service Tasmania shops are located throughout Tasmania and will accept all registration payments.
- You will need to bring:
- Proof of entitlement
- the transfer and disposal form
- the disposal section must be completed; and
- signatures of all registered operators and intended operators is required
IMPORTANT a disposal notice and transfer application will not be accepted without all required signatures*.
*Required signatures are not applicable if you have acquired the vehicle as a part of a deceased estate or a relationship breakdown, and are applying for a duty exemption. State Revenue duty exemption documentation is required. See duty exemptions for information
- Proof of exemption from duty (if applicable).
Note: The Department is unable to assist where appropriate documentation and required signatures have not been obtained.
Some conditionally registered vehicles may not be transferable. Please refer to the relevant section of the Registration options page to check if your vehicle can be transferred.