Department of State GrowthTransport

Charitable Organisations

Vehicles registered to a charitable organisation or a benevolent society are exempt from motor tax and duty.

Once your organisation is registered on our database as a charitable organisation, you are eligible to claim this exemption.

How can I register my organisation as charitable?

The organisation must be endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a charitable or benevolent institution and be recorded on our database as such.

This can usually be done by checking online the Australian Business Register or the Australian Charities and Not- for-profits Commission.

Contact us on 1300 135 513 or email and we will be able to assist you further.

Evidence of Identity will apply if your organisation has not been recorded on the Motor Registry database previously.