The Tasmanian Government recognises the impact that COVID-19 and travel restrictions continue to have on Tasmanian businesses.
On 14 September 2021 the Tasmanian Government announced the Expanded Business Vehicle Support Package (EBVSP) to support Tasmanian businesses impacted by COVID-19 and travel restrictions.
The EBVSP package aims to provide additional support to the following accredited operators:
- Taxi operators
- Luxury hire car operators
- Tour bus operators
- Hire and drive operators.
These operators who have a vehicle registration renewal that is due on or after 1 July 2021 and before or on 31 December 2021 can apply to have the registration cost waived for 12 months.
This package is available to accredited operators that operate vehicles in accordance with the Passenger Transport Services Act 2011 from 1 July 2021 to 1 December 2021, that meet the eligibility requirements detailed in the EBVSP Guidelines.
If you have any questions about the EBVS Package, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
For this package an applicant must be an accredited operator of either:
- a Category A passenger transport service; or
- a hire and drive passenger service.
An accredited operator is a person who currently holds accreditation approved in accordance with the Passenger Transport Services Act 2011.
Applicants who cannot apply include:
- Anyone who is not an accredited operator in accordance with the Passenger Transport Services Act 2011.
To be eligible, the vehicle/s nominated in an application must:
- be within the current inspection program
- be registered under an MAIB Premium Class 6, 7, 8 or 16 classification
- have a registration renewal due on or after 1 July 2021 and before or on 31 December 2021.
Vehicles that are not eligible include:
- vehicle/s that are not within the current inspection program
- vehicle/s that are a new establishment
- vehicle/s that are a conditional registration
- vehicle/s that have their registration renewal due before 1 July 2021 or after the 31 December 2021
- vehicle/s that have not been registered under an MAIB Premium Class 6, 7, 8 or 16 classification
- vehicle/s that have received support through the Hire and Drive Reimbursement Program
- vehicle/s that are listed on a valid contract with the Crown for the provision of general access or school bus services.
It is recommended that applicants read the EBVSP Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to understand the requirements and eligibility criteria prior to lodging an application below.
An application for multiple vehicles can be submitted in one application.
You may be asked to supply documentation to support your eligibility applications, or subject to an audit process to confirm any claims made as part of your application were true and correct.