For Standard Issue Plates
Slimline plates are narrower style plates mainly designed for vehicles where the front of the vehicle doesn't easily accommodate a standard size plate.
Slimline plates are attached to the front of the vehicle with a standard size size plate on the rear. Note: Slimline plates (Front and rear) are only available with personalised plates under the Tasplates scheme.
Slimline plates are manufactured as a combination of one slimline (370mm x 100mm) and one standard size (370mm x 130mm) plate. Plates will be available in the standard "Tiger" plate format - blue on white and will have "TAS" vertically on the left hand side of the plates.
- You will be required to return the original plates prior to being issued with the new plates. If one or either of the original plates cannot be returned due to being lost or stolen then a Statutory Declaration form (MR162) to account for the lost or stolen plates is required to be filled out.
- Slimline plates cannot be transferred between vehicles unless they are Custom, Selected, Corporate or Personalised plates.
- Slimline plates are not available for Heavy Vehicles, Motorcycles or Trailers.
- To Order Personalised slimline plates please visit the TASPLATES website www.TASPLATES.com or call their call centre on 1300 787 060.
You will need to provide
- a completed MR171 Application for a Duplicate Plate or Bicycle Rack Number Plate (PDF 34KB) form
- Evidence of Identity and address
- the original plates, when required OR
- a MR162 Statutory Declaration (PDF 54KB) form to account for the lost or stolen plates
- letter from Department of State Growth authorising the collection of plates
- authorisation from the registered operator, if the customer is not the registered operator.