Your vehicle will need to be registered if:
- it is a motor vehicle or trailer that is used or parked on public streets.
Your vehicle will not need to be registered if it is being:
- towed by a registered tow truck
- driven or towed to the following places to be registered:
- an Approved Inspection Station for a pre-registration inspection
- a weighbridge
- a Transport Safety Investigation Officer identity inspection location
- any other place involved in the registration process such as Service Tasmania.
- driven or towed from any of the places listed above to:
- another place listed in the registration process
- a place to garage the vehicle
- somewhere the vehicle can be repaired if the inspection is failed.
For a complete list of registration exemptions please refer to the Exempt from registrations page.