Department of State GrowthTransport

Crown Landowner Consent

Where proposed development involves the development of Crown land, in accordance with the provisions of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993, applications to Council must be accompanied by the consent of the Minister responsible for the administration of the Crown land.

If a proposal involves Crown land managed by the Department of State Growth on behalf of Minister for Infrastructure (i.e. State road and rail land), an application for Crown Landowner Consent form must be completed and submitted to Department of State Growth.

This must be submitted a minimum of twenty (20) working days prior to making application to Council in order to allow sufficient time for the application to be assessed. Receipt of a completed application does not necessarily mean that consent will be granted.

Application for Crown Landowner consent (DOCX, 358.3 KB)

(Application for Crown Landowner consent) (PDF, 129.43 KB)

Applications can be sent:

By Mail:
Department of State Growth
GPO Box 536, Hobart TAS 7001

By Email:


Please call the State Roads Division (03) 6166 3369.