Raising the bridge lift span
Mariners wishing to book a lift should use the following information and procedures.
- The lift will be operational between the hours of 9:30 am and 4pm each day of the week.
- The lift span will not be raised when mean wind speed exceeds 45 km/h.
Mariners are required to:
- Book their passage under the bridge by calling the Bridge Operator on 6263 7235, at least two (2) hours prior to the intended travel.
- Confirm the passage of the vessel with the Bridge Operator, one (1) hour prior to the intended travel.
- Advise the Bridge Operator of any particular issue especially the height of the vessel.
- Communicate with the Bridge Operator when on the river, using Channel 12, 156.6 MHz for normal operational matters and Channel 16, 156.8 MHz for emergency purposes only.