Department of State GrowthTransport


If you want to undertake telecommunication service works in the State Road Reservation you will require an agreement with the Department of State Growth.

You will need to fill in and submit an:

Applications must be received by the Department of State Growth a minimum of twenty (20) business days prior to the expected commencement date for works in order to allow sufficient time for the application to be assessed.

No works are to be undertaken until a written agreement has been issued. Agreement is in accordance with:

  • Telecommunications Act 1997 Schedule 3 Part 1 Division 5 Cl 11
  • Telecommunications Code of Practice 1997 Chapter 4 Part 2 Cl 4.6
  • Roads and Jetties Act 1935

Agreement is only for carrying out works within the State Road Reservation. Where the State Road Reservation boundary is not clearly defined by fencing, etc., agreement with landowners or other authorities may be required.

Applications can be sent:

By Mail:
Department of State Growth
GPO Box 536, Hobart TAS 7001

By Email:


Please call the State Roads Division (03) 6166 3369.