Goderich Street - Intersection upgrades
The Tasmanian Government is progressing two high priority intersection upgrades in Invermay, Launceston.
About the project
The project involves the design and construction of two priority intersection upgrades identified in City of Launceston’s draft Invermay Traffic Master Plan that also address congestion issues outlined in the Government’s Launceston and Tamar Valley Traffic Vision.
The Goderich Street / Gleadow Street and Forster Street Intersection Upgrades project is designed to improve traffic flow through the area while providing continued access for cyclists and pedestrians.
The work includes:
- upgrading the Goderich and Gleadow Street intersection to allow both left and right turns, and installing traffic signals that will be synchronised to improve flow for through traffic
- upgrading the signalised Goderich and Forster Street intersection to include an additional right turn lane onto Forster Street, and construction of a second eastbound lane on Forster Street to Invermay Road
These upgrades complement road changes being managed by City of Launceston as part of the draft Invermay Traffic Master Plan.
Two community information sessions were held on 23 and 24 July 2019 at the Tramsheds Function Centre, 4 Invermay Road, Inveresk.
- Community consultation: July 2019
- Tender advertised: November 2019
- Start of works: Early 2020
Click on the images below to enlarge the plans.
For more information about the project phone (03) 6432 7999 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 19 Jul 2019