Freight Access Bridge Upgrades Program
The Freight Access Bridge Upgrades Program upgrades state road bridges in order to allow for high-productivity freight vehicles (HPFV).
The Tasmanian Government is committed to strengthening Tasmanian bridges on key routes to retain the existing levels of service for heavy vehicle freight and community access.
Seven bridges were strengthened in the first half of 2019 program, with a further six due to be upgraded in summer 2019/20
Summer 2019/20 Bridge Strengthening Locations
The following six bridges on key freight routes will be strengthened during summer 2019/20, as part of the Freight Access Bridge Upgrade Program.
- Humphrey Rivulet Bridge, on the Brooker Highway, Glenorchy
- Berriedale Rail Underpass on the Brooker Highway, Berriedale
- Little Forester River Flood Opening, on Bridport Road, Bridport
- Pipers River Bridge, on Bridport Road, George Town
- North West Bay River Bridge, on the Huon Highway, Longley
- Leslie Road Underpass, on the Huon Highway, Leslie Vale.
These bridges are currently out to tender, with work taking place in late 2019 – early 2020.
Completed works - 2019
The following bridges on the Bass and Midland Highways were strengthened during the first half of 2019.
- Mount Pleasant Interchange (southbound) on the Midland Highway, Prospect.
- Oakleigh Rail Underpass on the Bass Highway, Burnie
- Two Formby Road Underpasses on the Bass Highway, Devonport.
- Emu River Bridge on the Bass Highway, Wivenhoe
- Lovett Street Underpass on the Bass Highway, Ulverstone
- Meander Valley Road Underpass on the Bass Highway, Travellers Rest.
For further information about the project please contact the Project Manager, Leon Cook on 03 6165 5183 or by email at: email@example.com