Huon Highway Swamp Road Right Turn Lane
The Tasmanian Government has allocated funding to continue safety improvements on the Huon Highway.
About the project
The project will improve safety for all road users on the Huon Highway at the Swamp Road junction.
The southbound lane heading towards Franklin will be widened to make room for a dedicated lane for vehicles turning right into Swamp Road, allowing through traffic to safely travel past waiting vehicles.
The work will start on 11 November 2019 and continue until the end of January 2020, weather permitting. Working hours will be from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, with the occasional Saturday.
There will be some temporary traffic changes to keep workers and road users safe. Lane closures and a reduced speed limit will be in place during the work and will affect travel times. Road users should allow up to ten minutes extra travel time during this work.
Please keep to speed limits and follow the directions of traffic controllers and signs.
This project is part of the Huon Highway Corridor Study 2012 which provides a prioritised list of road improvement projects to improve safety and provide a consistent travel environment from Huonville to Southport.
These works are a continuation of the road safety improvements and shoulder sealing which have been undertaken on the Huon Highway between Huonville and Geeveston over the past six years.
This work includes:
- Shoulder sealing and junction improvements from Fleurtys Road to Shipwrights Point in 2018
- passing lanes at Glendevie Hills in 2015/16
- shoulder sealing and junction improvements between Huonville and Franklin in 2012
- shoulder sealing and junction improvements from Franklin to Fleurtys Road in 2013
- shoulder sealing and junction improvements between Port Huon and Geeveston in 2013.
For more information about the project please email email@example.com or phone 03 6210 0662.
31 Oct 2019