From 1 December 2020, these are the steps all new drivers will need to take to get a licence in Tasmania.
The flow chart shows the process for getting your learner and provisional licence. The changes include:
- one learner period
- 80 compulsory logbook hours, including 15 at night
- no hands free mobile phone use during the learner and P1 periods
- changes to the maximum speed limit for learners and P1 licence holders
- a Hazard Perception Test to gain a P1
- peer passenger restrictions for P1 drivers under 25
- requirement to display green P plates in the P2 stage.