In determining potential routes for treatment under this program applicants should consider the following principles and program objectives.
- The program is intended to treat road corridors rather than isolated locations.
- The objective is to achieve a consistent standard of treatment application.
- Crash rates and particularly any identified crash clusters should be considered as part of the location identification and subsequent project development phases.
- Traffic volumes should be considered - higher volumes may indicate a higher priority for treatment.
- Community concern is a valid indicator.
- A systematic and proactive approach to treat an entire corridor is the core purpose of the SRRP.