All applications need to meet all the following criteria to be considered.
- The applicant must be a Tasmanian local council.
- All mandatory sections of the application form must be completed and include the design and schedule of works (of the proposed infrastructure treatment).
- The application must address an area of current, or potential, risk of conflict between motor vehicles and vulnerable road users.
- The application must deliver cost-effective infrastructure improvement.
- Applications not supported by a co-contribution from local council need to provide an explanation on this matter.
- The area targeted must be in an urban or non-urban location and on either a State or council-owned road.
- A minimum of $10 000 can be requested and up to $250 000 (GST excluded).
- The total project value cannot exceed $250 000 (GST excluded), including any co-contribution from local council
The application must be for a new project. Applications that will not be considered for funding include:
- additions to existing projects;
- maintenance infrastructure activity or administration costs incurred; and/or
- anything outside of the funding amount of $10 000 to $250 000 (GST excluded).