Skip to content

Stay home. Save lives.

Transport Services: visit Home
Close Menu

If a proposed development involves the development of Crown land, in accordance with the provisions of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993, applications to Council must be accompanied by the consent of the Minister responsible for the administration of the Crown land.

If a proposal involves Crown land that is managed by the Department of State Growth on behalf of Minister for Infrastructure (for example, State road and rail land), an application for Crown Landowner Consent form must be completed and submitted to Department of State Growth.


Before commencing the online application all necessary documents must be available for uploading.

Mandatory Documents

  • Completed Council Planning Application form
  • All plans, reports and supporting documentation forming the Planning Application to Council, including any traffic impact assessment (TIA)
  • Current Certificate of Title
  • If applicable:
    • drainage plans with calculated flows and detailing proposed usage of existing State Growth drainage system
    • written confirmation from TasWater that they would take over ownership of any sewer, water or storm water mains proposed in the road reserve
    • plan detailing access arrangement from State road reserve – please note Departmental policy for new or altered access to State road network is required to be sealed from edge of road to property boundary

Please note – You will only be able to submit the application once mandatory documents have been uploaded.

Apply online

Applications must be received by the Department of State Growth at least 20 business days before your expected start date for works, to allow enough time to assess your application.

No works are to be undertaken until a written permit has been issued.


If you have any questions, please call us on (03) 6166 3369.