Skip to content

Keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 information for Tasmania -

Transport Services: visit Home
Close Menu

You will need approval from the Department of State Growth if you need to concentrate and discharge stormwater or drainage onto the State Road network.

1If works are required for drainage

If works are needed to allow for drainage, and/or enlargement of the existing State road drainage infrastructure is needed to carry any extra drainage, you will need approval from the Department of State Growth.

You will need to submit a Service works permit application instead of the above application to discharge stormwater.

The proponent is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of their own infrastructure.


You will need to fill in and submit an application:

Applications must be received by the Department of State Growth at least 20 business days before your expected start date for works, to allow enough time to assess your application.

Applications must include a drainage plan, including catchment area, flows and drainage design for any area discharging to the State road reserve.

No works are to be undertaken until a written permit has been issued.

Consent is issued in accordance with the Roads and Jetties Act 1935.

Applications can be sent:

By mail:
Department of State Growth
GPO Box 536, Hobart TAS 7001

By email:


If you have any questions please call us on (03) 6166 3369.