Tasmanian 26 metre B-double Network
This Class 2 network shows roads mapped in three categories: Approved (green), Conditionally Approved (orange) and Restricted (red). Click on a route or bridge to show any conditions that apply.
This network shows Tasmania’s gazetted roads for Class 2 B-Doubles operating at up to 26m overall length and in compliance with the National Class 2 B-double Authorisation Notice 2019 and operator guide.
This network also shows roads which can be accessed by B-doubles operating under several other Class 2 / 3 Notices or Schemes (see Relevant Notices and Schemes below).
Maximum vehicle dimension for this network are up to 26m overall length and 4.3m overall height1.
Restricted structures (red dots) must not be crossed.
Roads not shown as approved (green) or conditionally approved (orange) require road manager approval for access by permit. Application for access by permit is to be made through the NHVR. It is permitted to travel off route if the road is marked with detour signage.
Operators must check for road closures and road conditions prior to travel to ensure clear passage. For roads managed by Department of State Growth this information is available on the Department of State Growth website and by selecting the “Show State Growth Road Works” button on this map.
Higher Mass Limits (HML) Roads
Roads which are part of the Tasmanian Declared HML Route Network can be superimposed using the "Show HML Network" Button.
Over the HML network, Class 2 B-double heavy vehicle combinations which comply with the Tasmania Higher Mass Limits Declaration 2016 can operate with axle group masses up to 17.0t for a tandem axle group, and up to 22.5t for a tri-axle group.
A class 2 B-double at HML which exceeds 21.0m in length2 cannot operate over the Tasmanian Declared HML Route Network unless the road is also part of the Tasmanian 26 metre B-double Network or the Tasmanian 23 metre B-double Network (if not exceeding 23m length), or access has been granted by permit.
Relevant Notices and Schemes:
- National Class 2 Heavy Vehicle B-double Authorisation Notice 2019 and operator guide
- Tasmania Class 3 Heavy Vehicles Transporting High-Cube Freight Containers Dimension Exemption Notice 2019
- Tasmania and Victoria Class 3 Heavy Vehicle Baled Hay Dimension Exemption Notice 2019
- National Class 2 Heavy Vehicle 4.6m High and/or 25m Long Vehicle Carrier Authorisation Notice 2019
- National Class 3 Heavy Vehicle - Vehicle Carrier Exemption Notice 2019
- National Class 2 4.6m High Livestock Carrier Authorisation Notice 2019
- Tasmania Class 3 Livestock Transportation Exemption Notice 2019 and Livestock Loading Scheme Info Bulletin(Tasmania)
1up to 4.6m, if operating under one of the Relevant Notices or Schemes allowing heights up to 4.6m.
221.3m, if the trailer is fitted with a rear load-restraining guard that complies with the Forestry Safety Code.