Skip to content

Masks are currently mandatory in high-risk and vulnerable settings until further notice.

Transport Services: visit Home
Close Menu

Electronic billboards may NOT be placed in the State road reservation without written approval from the Department of State Growth.

Electronic billboards may only be displayed by a road authority for traffic management or road safety purposes, for civil or other emergency by an appropriate statutory authority or where written approval is provided by the Commissioner for Transport for legitimate traffic management or road safety purposes.

Approval is granted in accordance with the Traffic Act 1925 and the Roads and Jetties Act 1935. The use of electronic billboards for roadside advertising is not permitted.

Applications must be received by the Department of State Growth at least 20 business days before your expected start date for works, to allow enough time to assess your application.

Before starting the online application ensure and supporting documents are available for uploading.

Billboards must not be placed in the State road reserve without prior written authorisation.

For the best experience, we recommend using Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari.



If you have any questions, please call us on (03) 6166 3369.