To be suitable for use when learning to drive the vehicle must be registered and be in a suitable condition, including but not limited to the list below.
Some of the vehicle requirements include:
- A car must be registered and roadworthy.
- A working handbrake that is located between the front seats in a position where it can be easily applied by the driving assessor.
- Car is reasonably clean and tidy.
- A clean windscreen that Is not cracked or obscured within the arc of the wipers or compromises its integrity.
- Working brake and indicator lights(both left and right) with no white light showing, Including side indicators.
- Working reverse lights.
- Side and rear view mirrors are to be In good working condition.
- Working windscreen wipers and demisters.
- The following dash warning lights are not accepted:
- brake warning
- stability control - If light is displayed in a RED colour
- SRS (Airbag)
- low fuel light with the fuel gauge also at low level.
- Minimum tyre tread depth of 1.5mm over the entire tread width of the tyre and the tyre must not be flat.
Not complying with these items may result in your assessment not commencing.