Skip to content
Transport Services: visit Home
Close Menu

1How do I get a taxi or public passenger vehicles ancillary certificate?

You will need to go to Service Tasmania.

You will have lodge a completed application form and provide any requirements for your specific ancillary certificate (as found in the application form).

If approved you can begin operating PPV’s straight away. If there is a problem with your application it will be sent to the Department of State Growth and you will be contacted within seven business days.

2What are the training requirements to drive taxis?

To receive a taxi ancillary certificate, you will need to complete a literacy test and training course. These are provided by:

  • 13CABS driver academy (6272 9292)
  • Combined Training – 0413 791 050

Fees apply for these courses.

Following successful completion, you will be issued a certificate of competence which must be submitted with your application.

3What are the training requirements to drive other public passenger vehicles?

You successfully undertaking a Public Passenger Vehicle Knowledge test at a Service Tasmania to demonstrate that you understand the Tasmania road rules and the legislative requirements of operating a public passenger vehicle.