We have listened to the community’s feedback about bus service requirements and have put in place a new temporary service from the West Coast to Hobart while broader bus network changes are implemented to improve connections between the West Coast and Hobart.
The service started on Tuesday 16 July and will operate every Tuesday and Friday.
- is made up of two services that meet up at Derwent Bridge, one departing Hobart and the other departing Queenstown
- is a pre-booked service with walk up passengers accepted if space is available
- runs regardless of whether there is a booking
- drops off and picks up at predefined stops, passengers are also able to request additional stop locations on the route
- costs the same as travel on the previous service via Lake St Clair
- is timetabled so that transfers to and from Strahan are possible using the existing West Coast to Burnie bus service, noting this requires a layover at Queenstown in both directions.