Concessional registration offers a motor tax rebate for some heavy vehicles.
What is the concession?
You will receive a 40% motor tax rebate if your vehicle fits the criteria below.
When can concessional registration be issued?
Concessional registration can be given to:
- Interchangeable trailers which are goods carrying semi-trailers, if you:
- only tow the trailer with a prime mover also registered in your name
- have less prime movers registered in your name than the number of semi-trailers
- will not be using the trailer for more than 20,000 kilometres over 12 months
- can keep records of your travel to confirm this.
- Farm vehicles, if:
- they are goods carrying vehicles (light or heavy) used solely for agricultural purposes.
Farm vehicles will require “C number plates” if their Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) is 16t or greater or the trailer is over 4.5 tonnes GVM.