Click on the image above to view the full size/print friendly version
If you hold a P1 licence when the changes are implemented in December 2020, the following will apply:
- a total ban on mobile phone use- including hands-free and speaker mode during the learner and P1 stages;
- new maximum speed limit of 100km/hour in P1, and no change to speed limits for P2 drivers who can still drive up to the posted limit;
- you will not have a single licence card and still need to pay for a new licence card for the P2 stage (but will pay a reduced fee amounting to the difference);
- requirement to display green P plates in the P2 stage;
- you must continue to have zero blood/breath alcohol content (BAC) in both the P1 and P2 stages; and
- you may be eligible for the Safer Driver Reward if you have progressed through the provisional period (P1 and P2) without an offence.