Information on what exemptions are available (if any) for Learner Drivers, Heavy Vehicles Drives, Seatbelts, Helmets and Tractors.
Application & Guidelines for an exemption from the L2 Car Learner Period.
Exemption from the Age and Experience Criteria to Drive a Heavy Vehicle.
You are entitled to apply for an exemption from some or all aspects of the Mandatory Alcohol Interlock Program (MAIP).
It is compulsory to wear a seatbelt in Tasmania. From September 2017, Medical Practitioners can issue drivers and passengers, who meet strict medical guidelines, with a medical certificate that exempts them from the requirement to wear a seatbelt.
Anyone who rides a motorcycle or bicycle is required by law to wear an approved helmet. Due to safety concerns, only applicants with exceptional reasons will be issued an exemption.
- MR39 Application for Seatbelt Exemption (PDF 34KB)
- MR160 Application & Guidelines for an Exemption from the L2 Car Learner Period (PDF 195KB)
- MR160 Application & Guidelines for an Exemption from the L2 Car Learner Period (WORD 182KB)
- Exemption from the Age and Experience Criteria to Drive a Heavy Vehicle (PDF 664KB)
- Mandatory Alcohol Interlock Program (MAIP) Exemption Request Form (PDF 181KB)