Information on what exemptions are available (if any) for Learner Drivers, Heavy Vehicles Drives, Seatbelts, Helmets and Tractors.
Application & Guidelines for an exemption from the L2 Car Learner Period.
Exemption from the Age and Experience Criteria to Drive a Heavy Vehicle.
You are entitled to apply for an exemption from some or all aspects of the Mandatory Alcohol Interlock Program (MAIP).
It is compulsory to wear a seatbelt in Tasmania. The Commissioner of Transport will only consider granting you an exemption from the requirement to wear a seatbelt when a Medical Practitioner completes the Medical Certificate portion of the seatbelt exemption application form.
Anyone who rides a motorcycle or bicycle is required by law to wear an approved helmet. Due to safety concerns, only applicants with exceptional reasons will be issued an exemption.
Limited tractor licences are no longer issued, with the exemption now being included in the Vehicle and Traffic Regulations (Driver Licensing and Vehicle Registration) Regulations 2010.
- MR39 Application for Seatbelt Exemption (PDF 34KB)
- MR160 Application & Guidelines for an Exemption from the L2 Car Learner Period (PDF 195KB)
- MR160 Application & Guidelines for an Exemption from the L2 Car Learner Period (WORD 182KB)
- Exemption from the Age and Experience Criteria to Drive a Heavy Vehicle (PDF 664KB)
- Mandatory Alcohol Interlock Program (MAIP) Exemption Request Form (PDF 181KB)