Skip to content

Masks are currently mandatory in high-risk and vulnerable settings until further notice.

Transport Services: visit Home
Close Menu

1How do I update my licence details?

To update your licence, you’ll need to attend a Service Tasmania and provide:

  • your current licence,
  • documentation that supports any change(s) you want to make (evidence of identity)

You’ll also have to fill in a replacement licence application form and pay a fee.

2What documents do I need to verify a change of name?

Any of the following documents can be used to show a change in your name:

  • Marriage Certificate issued by Births, Deaths and Marriages
  • Divorce Paper indicating the name being reverted to (issued by a court)
  • Change of Name Registration issued by Births, Deaths & Marriages or Deed Poll
  • Guardianship Order issued by the relevant authority
  • Adoption paper issued by a court.

3Can I change my gender?

If you wish to make a change to your gender status in the driver licence and vehicle registration register, you should present an original certificate from Births, Deaths and Marriages that provides evidence of the change to Service Tasmania.

Gender is recorded for all persons with a record in the driver licence and vehicle registration register.  It does not appear on the driver licence.  Gender can be recorded as M (male), F (female), or X (other category that the person identifies as, including but not limited to indeterminate, intersex, and unspecified).

4What documents do I need to show to change to my residential address?

When you move home, you need to update your licence details within 14 days. Examples of documents that can provide to evidence your change in address can be found in proving a residential, premise or garage address.

5What do I do if my licence is displaying incorrect information?

You will need to visit or contact Service Tasmania and correct your licence details.

You can call Service Tasmania on 1300 135 513 (or +61 3 6169 9017 if you’re not in Australia).