Skip to content
Transport Services: visit Home
Close Menu

What motorcycle learner licence do I need to get?

There are two ways to get your motorcycle licence. Which learner licence you will need depends on whether you’ve had a motorcycle licence in the past:

1Novice learner

You’re a novice learner if you haven’t held a motorcycle licence before. This means that you’ll have to get your motorcycle Ls and Ps before you can get a full motor cycle licence.

2Non-novice learner

You’re a non-novice learner if you’ve had a motorcycle licence in the past (in a different country, cancelled or has been expired for more than 5 years). For non-novice learners, you will need to get your Ls and then can go straight to your full motor cycle licence after successfully completing the non-novice L stage.