Skip to content

Keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 information for Tasmania -

Transport Services: visit Home
Close Menu

Use this page if your bus pass has expired. If your pass has not expired, you will need a different page

1Online application


Do not use the online application if you are aged under 16 and hold your own concession card. You must use a paper application and attach a photocopy of your concession card. This is a Services Australia (Centrelink) privacy requirement.

2Paper application

To submit your completed form


When you provide personal information to the Department of State Growth, the Department of State Growth (we) manage that information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act 2004 .

When you apply for a student bus pass we use your personal information to

  • Assess if you are eligible for travel assistance.
  • Cross-check if you are eligible for other types of travel assistance.
  • Manage your participation in travel assistance programs.

If you provide incomplete or incorrect information, it may affect how we assess your application, or properly maintain your records.

We may also use the information for related purposes, or disclose it to third parties in circumstances allowed for by law such as Services Australia (Centrelink).

You have the right to access your personal information by request to the Department and you may be charged a fee for this service.


If you have difficulty applying

  • Check that you still meet the eligibility requirements for a student bus pass.
  • If you are using a concession card to apply, ensure the applicant is the person receiving the Family Tax Benefit for the student.
  • Wait until after 4am if you are applying after midnight on weekdays or after 8pm on weekends.
    • This is because your eligibility will be checked with Services Australia (Centrelink), which is not available between midnight and 4am on weekdays and 8pm and 4am on weekends.

If you need help or more information